Re: [Xen-devel] uclibc / TLS (dom0)

To: Stefan de Konink <skinkie@xxxxxxxxx>, <xen-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: [Xen-devel] uclibc / TLS (dom0)
From: Keir Fraser <Keir.Fraser@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 04 Nov 2007 07:30:22 +0000
Delivery-date: Sun, 04 Nov 2007 00:28:35 -0700
Sender: xen-devel-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
On 4/11/07 05:46, "Stefan de Konink" <skinkie@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> I just found out that after 3.0.4 of Xen, TLS was required for the
> management side of the dom0 code. Is it possible to run the dom0 system
> without the TLS code?
>
> I'm building a small system to be booted as diskless node, and I was
> hoping this could be done with uclibc.

It's not possible without rewriting the usages of gcc thread-local variables
in some other way. That's been done in xen-unstable, so that the tools are
compatible with *BSD, and so the 3.2.0 probably will not require TLS. That
patch could be backported. It's changeset 15913.

 -- Keir