RE: [Xen-devel] Re: First release of GPL PV drivers for Windows

To: "Andy Grover" <andy@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, <xen-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: RE: [Xen-devel] Re: First release of GPL PV drivers for Windows
From: "James Harper" <james.harper@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 2 Nov 2007 11:16:38 +1100
Delivery-date: Thu, 01 Nov 2007 17:17:17 -0700
Sender: xen-devel-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
> I don't see a xen/common/public folder in the xen-3.1-testing hg tree.
> Did you mean xen/include/public?

Yes.

http://www.evilbitz.com/2006/12/13/howto-debugging-a-remote-windows-hvm-
> under-xen-using-windbg/

Cool. I'll check that out. I've done a big shuffle around of the block
driver code to fix a few problems, and I'm still getting hangs, but I
think dbgview from sysinternals is dropping kernel messages so I think
I'm missing out on where the action is, as the logs I am getting don't
tell me that there is anything out of whack. Of course there could be a
simple off-by-one error or something somewhere.

> > The source code really needs a tidy up. The Windows DDK stuff has
it's
> > own coding style which I've imitated in places, and then xen has
it's
> > own too, so this code is mostly one, the other, both, or neither.
I'll
> > get to that as soon as I get the major bugs out.
>
> Yeah I don't know if there is really a good solution to this...
>
> I'd like to start submitting patches very soon (as soon as I get it
> working :) so it would be very nice to have it under SCM somewhere as
> part of a hg clone of xen-unstable? Or in xen-unstable itself. That
> would resolve any include path issues, I think.

Yes. I'm thinking of hosting my own in the short term if I can't find
another simple solution.

Thanks

James