[Xen-devel] Xen Platform Device and dom0

To: xen-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Xen-devel] Xen Platform Device and dom0
From: Have_Quick <have_quick@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 20 Oct 2007 15:38:57 -0700 (PDT)
Delivery-date: Sat, 20 Oct 2007 15:43:33 -0700
Sender: xen-devel-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Hello, I'm wondering how one would communicate with the Xen Platfrom Device created with xen_platform.c from within dom0. From domU it seems relatively straightforward to map the resources and read or write to it, however I am confused as to how this would be accomplished from dom0. I guess the root of my confusion is to how qemu devices are handled by the hypervisor, obviously there must be a way to get information out of qemu otherwise things like the emulated network card would not be useful but I'm having trouble understanding how this works. A pointer to the right direction would be very appreciated, thanks.