Re: [Xen-devel] Questions about direct hardware access, DMA, etc

To: "Mark Williamson" <mark.williamson@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: [Xen-devel] Questions about direct hardware access, DMA, etc
From: "David Stone" <unclestoner@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 12 Oct 2007 10:40:35 -0400
Cc: xen-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Delivery-date: Fri, 12 Oct 2007 07:41:13 -0700
Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=gmail.com; s=beta; h=domainkey-signature:received:received:message-id:date:from:to:subject:cc:in-reply-to:mime-version:content-type:content-transfer-encoding:content-disposition:references; bh=LD6UwZyxoKsp+Z+u7QTj2bZejONPGu8oMMRRkPi9Evo=; b=c3WCiQNYCICthOmzoFEe+GVvd1fXZedPrwsHfF3zDecu1y11RcuNpItsKBkR8xbJze8Q6PD0FxzHOeZylffKgOjBAU0TdSYMGELDRQK9qusUH4i8CtDq76JxjQEBSgJapFWWZuyTaQfXFTEYlFx0rTfZVfEvvqMbgZm/ILaKrtQ=
Sender: xen-devel-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Thanks, this definately answered some of my questions and confirmed
some of my understanding.

> Some patches for Intel's IOMMU have been posted and may have actually been
> checked in
>
> Some AMD work was done on using the GART as a translating (but not protecting)
> IOMMU for passing devices to guests.  I'm not sure what happened to that
> project as I've not heard about it for a while.

I'm still not clear on what work is ongoing in which
repositories...direct-io.hg, iommu.hg, or the main line.  I'm trying
to understand how these repositories map to the following features:
 - Neocleus
 - Support for hardware IOMMU, either AMD or Intel.

Is any of this stuff in the main repository (or, are patches for this
stuff relative to the main repository)?

Thanks.