RE: [Xen-devel] get_callback_via for Windows PV drivers

To: "Keir Fraser" <Keir.Fraser@xxxxxxxxxxxx>, <xen-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: RE: [Xen-devel] get_callback_via for Windows PV drivers
From: "James Harper" <james.harper@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 28 Sep 2007 21:15:05 +1000
Delivery-date: Fri, 28 Sep 2007 04:15:48 -0700
Sender: xen-devel-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
> On 27/9/07 11:55, "James Harper" <james.harper@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
wrote:

> > Looking at the 'unmodified_drivers', it appears that I'm supposed to
> > tell the hypervisor the IRQ number to use to signal me. Under the
> > Windows DDK, I get an Interrupt Vector, which I don't think is the
same
> > as an IRQ number... and I think I'm supposed to work backwards from
the
> > vector to try and figure out what IRQ I'm supposed to pass the
> > hypervisor.
>
> The documentation in public/hvm/params.h is pretty clear. Either you
can
> specify the PCI INTx line by bus,dev,fn,pin, or you can specify the
GSI
> that the line is 'wired' to.

Unfortunately I'm not sure that I know what GSI actually means... I
believe it stands for Global System Interrupt, but I'm not sure that
that helps. Windows will give me the 'Translated' interrupt, which is
the vector, and the 'Raw' interrupt, which is 28 in my case. Could this
be the GSI?

> Neither of these values is determinable from the
> interrupt vector. However, if you have probed the PCI device then you
> probably know the (bus,dev,fn,pin) tuple, so you should probably aim
> specify that.

I can get bus, dev, and fn, but can't seem to find 'pin' from the
information that Windows gives me... if 28 isn't the GSI, then I'll have
to look harder for this 'pin' number in the windows structures...

What is the simplest thing I could do to get the hypervisor to trigger
an interrupt? That would tell me for sure that it's working. I have only
implemented a tiny bit of the event channel logic, and no xen bus stuff
yet...

Thanks

James