[Xen-devel] How do I debug the hypervisor?

To: "xen-devel" <xen-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [Xen-devel] How do I debug the hypervisor?
From: "Roger Cruz" <rcruz@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 25 Sep 2007 17:31:01 -0400
Delivery-date: Tue, 25 Sep 2007 14:31:39 -0700
Sender: xen-devel-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Just posted this in XenSource's Misc. forums, but I figure this may be a
more appropriate channel to ask the following question.

I'm using XenEnterprise 4.0 (hypervisor is based off 3.1.0) and would
like to make changes to the hypervisor.  I need to find out how to hook
up a debugger to it so I can step through the code and examine its
state.

I would appreciate a detail response on how to configure the hypervisor,
hook up GDB and have access to symbol information.

Thank you.
Roger Cruz