RE: [Xen-devel] Query about Stub Domain Status

To: "Yosuke Iwamatsu" <y-iwamatsu@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>, <xen-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: RE: [Xen-devel] Query about Stub Domain Status
From: "Ian Pratt" <Ian.Pratt@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 20 Sep 2007 10:04:57 +0100
Delivery-date: Thu, 20 Sep 2007 02:06:31 -0700
Sender: xen-devel-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
> Could anyone explain about the development status of "stub domain"?
> Stub domain tree hasn't been updated for more than nine months and
> no discussion is seen on the mailing list recently.
> Is the project still working?

It's still very much the plan to get qemu-dm out of dom0 for reasons of
scalability, security, and quality of service.

I'd like to see us go the whole way and link qemu against minios and
have a very lightweight stub domain. If folk want to do a prototype with
a linux-based stub domain that's interesting too.

Volunteers greatly appreciated!

Thanks,
Ian