Re: [Xen-devel] xs transaction

To: "Tian, Kevin" <kevin.tian@xxxxxxxxx>, <xen-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: [Xen-devel] xs transaction
From: Keir Fraser <Keir.Fraser@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 11 Sep 2007 08:31:54 +0100
Delivery-date: Tue, 11 Sep 2007 00:27:53 -0700
Sender: xen-devel-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
We do support concurrent transactions at the API level, but the
implementation will currently allow only one concurrent transaction that
modifies state to succeed. This is a detail of the implementation however
(from a semantic point of view -- it may impact performance of course!).

Nested transactions (transactions within transactions) are not supported,
and attempts to create a nested transaction will be explicitly failed.

 -- Keir