[XenPPC] Re: [Xen-devel] Xen 3.1.1 -- initial patchqueue
Also - what tool are you using to apply these patches?
mercurial queues seem to be incompatible with some of the non utf-8
characters in some of the patches:
abort: decoding near 'Ingard Mev�g <ingard': 'utf8' codec can't decode
bytes in position 186-188: invalid data!
Ben Guthro wrote:
Keir Fraser wrote:
If I recall - It applied against our 3.1 tree without any
backporting...we just exported, and applied it. It increased
performance on Caneland machines greatly. Test results against our 3.1
based product below:
On 10/9/07 13:03, "Ben Guthro" <bguthro@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
I'm inclined not to backport this one.
At Ben's request, I did a quick evaluation of the APIC TPR patch for
I used yesterday's build to establish a baseline for booting, running
netperf on a SMP XP guest. I then repeated the tests with a custom
kernel. The patch
showed significant improvement for 2 of the 3 tests I used. Here are
Test 20070816 Patch % Improvement
Boot time - Seconds 62.6 40.5 35%
SPECjbb2005 OPs/Sec 35216 35686 1%
TCP XMIT (MBits/sec) 70.2 309.5 341%
TCP RCV (MBits/Sec) 122.3 423.5 246%
These tests were done on a Caneland, with 4 quad-core sockets and 32GB
The guest is Windows XP Professional with SP2, 2 CPUs, 2GB memory.
I'll repeat the experiment on a non-Caneland machine to see if there
Yes, of course...my mistake. I forgot to weed out my "unstable-only"
patches from the list.
The two Linux changesets are not applicable to 3.1.
Xen-devel mailing list
Xen-ppc-devel mailing list