Re: [Xen-devel] Is QoS of virtual disk not necessary?

To: Satoshi Uchida <s-uchida@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>, <xen-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: [Xen-devel] Is QoS of virtual disk not necessary?
From: Keir Fraser <Keir.Fraser@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 22 Aug 2007 13:39:43 +0100
Delivery-date: Wed, 22 Aug 2007 05:40:28 -0700
Sender: xen-devel-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
First impression was a lot of plumbing and not much in the way of moving
parts. Also of course we have CFQ on Linux -- I suspect the kinds of changes
you are suggesting would not be popular with kernel maintainers since they
will argue there is already an I/O scheduling subsystem. :-)

On the other hand, if you want to run a block driver in a driver domain (and
so outside dom0) then having a programmatic scheduling interface via
xenstore is quite nice...

 -- Keir