Re: [Xen-devel] Windows XenU creation

To: "Mats Petersson" <mats@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, xen-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: [Xen-devel] Windows XenU creation
From: shacky <shacky83@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 30 Jul 2007 19:12:27 +0200
Delivery-date: Mon, 30 Jul 2007 10:10:07 -0700
Dkim-signature: a=rsa-sha1; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=gmail.com; s=beta; h=domainkey-signature:received:received:message-id:date:from:to:subject:in-reply-to:mime-version:content-type:content-transfer-encoding:content-disposition:references; b=WLhFzSgHWgKw3a+B8xzsicaNl3XMjfHGzS/0EWyNDP0vKBcVT550vw5/MlgBHpI1Dl9aK8p1SzVUh68Ycv2xTC9ltzIcPQrx++vq1gWbtJWDfWdBuNTIV0cM3J1foMZxRndQzv/mHwOQNVlCIdXwHGqJxwZgakf43W1U6QNAz6Q=
Sender: xen-devel-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
> I still don't think the HVM BIOS supports booting from SCSI/SATA
> drives. Try using "hda" instead of "sda" (and of course change your
> "hda" for the CDROM to perhaps "hdb").

Ok, thank you.
I changed "sda1" to "hda" and now the VM is booting up.
But windows installation doesn't start, it hangs at "Windows starting".
If I change "hda" to "hda1" the Windows installation starts, but it
doesn't recognise any hard disk drive.

Another problem is that if I try to connect to Xen with UltraVNC
Viewer it doesn't work (the vncviewer.exe process is at 99% of CPU on
my Windows client) and it hangs.
If I use RealVNC it works.

> You also can't set the IP address in a HVM domain, you need to do
> that inside windows using the control-panel (I find it easiest to use
> DHCP - but that depends on if you have a suitably configured
> DHCP-server or not).

Yes, I have a DHCP server in my network...

Thank you very much!
Bye.