Re: [Xen-devel] fbfront

On Tue, 2007-07-24 at 09:53 -0600, Ky Srinivasan wrote:

> <C2CBDC86.12F42%keir@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>, Keir Fraser <keir@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> > The framebuffer device exported by qemu- dm seems to do the job perfectly
> > well for HVM guests.
>
> True. However, I was looking at supporting fbfront for a para-virtualized
> sles9 kernel.

Take a look at the kernel at
http://xenbits.xensource.com/kernels/sles9x.hg -- it contains the
backport already.

The driver itself is portable back to 2.6.5 (essentially for PV on HVM
reasons) so all that is needed is to add some of the compatibility stuff
to your kernel, somewhat like the PVM-on-HVM compat layer although in
the kernel above I've just added the necessary functions directly
instead of using the compat stuff itself.

Ian.