Re: [Xen-devel] Xen 3.1 - Can't run Fedora Core 1 PV

On Thu, 2007-07-12 at 18:19 +0100, Nick Craig-Wood wrote:

> > > OK, I get a SEGV at that point using xen-3.1-testing or the xen 3.1
> > > binary release.
> > >
> > > Which xen version are you using?
> >
> > Do you mean you do 'chroot /mnt /sbin/init'?
>
> Here is the exact sequence I've used
>
> # mkdir mnt
> # mount -o loop fedora_demo mnt/
> # cd mnt/
> # chroot .
> Segmentation fault
> # cd ..
> # umount mnt/
>
> The above fails for xen 3.1 but succeeds (you get a shell) for xen 3.0.4 and
> 3.0.3

FC1 had some odd stuff going on with the vdso -- it comes up any time
upstream tries to touch the compat vdso code.

You could try enabling/disabling COMPAT_VDSO in your kernel
configuration, see what happens.

It'd also be interesting to know which libc is getting linked in within
the chroot.

Ian.