[Xen-devel] Shadow pagetable code changes since 3.0.2

To: xen-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Xen-devel] Shadow pagetable code changes since 3.0.2
From: Yongjun Jeon <yongjunj@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 9 Jul 2007 16:02:51 -0400 (EDT)
Delivery-date: Tue, 10 Jul 2007 10:09:25 -0700
Sender: xen-devel-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Hi all,

I don't know if anyone's tried this already or even knows about this, but I'm trying to apply the Potemkin patch to the new Xen 3.1.0 source code. The original Potemkin patch by Michael Vrable et al. (www.cs.ucsd.edu/~savage/papers/Sosp05.pdf) implements delta virtualization (copy-on-write fork for guest domain memory) as an extension to Xen's translated shadow mode. Download is available here: (http://turin.ucsd.edu/potemkin/xen-potemkin-patches-20060404).

I noticed that the shadow pagetable code has went through some serious design change since 3.0.2, and I couldn't find a good documentation that explains how the old code maps to the new code.

Can anyone please explain the exact nature of the change - how the new functions replace the old ones?

Thanks,
Jun