Re: [Xen-devel] Mini-OS and serial output

To: "Keir Fraser" <keir@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: [Xen-devel] Mini-OS and serial output
From: "Michael Frey" <lists@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 9 Jul 2007 10:42:00 +0200 (CEST)
Cc: xen-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Delivery-date: Mon, 09 Jul 2007 01:39:51 -0700
Sender: xen-devel-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Hi,

> You should get serial output via that hypercall if you have a debug build
> of Xen. Otherwise only dom0 is allowed to use that hypercall and you
need to
> perform inter-domain communication to dom0 to output to the text console.

I've built Xen with "make debug=y" and added some necessary lines to
grub.conf. Furthermore I've connected a second workstation via serial to
the Xen workstation and I got the the output from the boot process and
various other things. I start the mini-os domain and I get no
"Bootstrapping .." line as defined in extras/mini-os/kernel.c

So I have a debug build of Xen (I suggest) and I get some output via
serial console, but the mini-os serial output doesn't seem to work.
Suggestions?

Thanks in advance!
 Best Regards
  Michael Frey