[Xen-devel] migration notification inside DOMU kernel

To: xen-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Xen-devel] migration notification inside DOMU kernel
From: "Zhu Han" <schumi.han@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 5 Jul 2007 15:19:32 -0400
Delivery-date: Thu, 05 Jul 2007 12:17:27 -0700
Sender: xen-devel-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Hi,

Is it possible to receive a migration notification after the virtual
machine is migrated?  For example, broadcas information easily through
netlink or any notification chain.

I saw this on "http://wiki.xensource.com/xenwiki/XenTodoList";
"migration notifications (and responses?) to user space (netlink, hotplug?)"

Is there a patch for it?

I didn't get any way to do this in current code unless I register my
driver as a frontend driver with xenbus.  However, I don't want to
install a backend driver and write any information to xenstore.

--
best regards,
hanzhu