[Xen-devel] bus_to_virt()

To: <xen-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [Xen-devel] bus_to_virt()
From: "Jan Beulich" <jbeulich@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 05 Jul 2007 11:04:07 +0100
Delivery-date: Thu, 05 Jul 2007 03:00:53 -0700
Sender: xen-devel-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Isn't it inappropriate for bus_to_virt() to use, through machine_to_phys(),
mfn_to_pfn() rather than mfn_to_local_pfn()? If a foreign domain's address
gets uses here, the virtual address returned might be anything. I'm
specifically asking because I finally want to make an attempt to (a) merge
our swiotlb.c up with native's lib/swiotlb.c and then (b) move ours to
lib/swiotlb-xen.c. Native, however, uses a virtual address range check, and
hence the bus_to_virt() return value must reliable. If changing the macro
globally isn't appropriate (I can't see what valid uses there might be for this
macro with non-local addresses, hence a change like this would be benign to
all other users), I'd have to hand-craft a mechanism local to swiotlb.c to that
I can keep the delta to native down.

Thanks, Jan