[Xen-devel] PCI device export

To: xen-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Xen-devel] PCI device export
From: Lukas Hejtmanek <xhejtman@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 28 Jun 2007 16:51:08 +0200
Delivery-date: Thu, 28 Jun 2007 07:49:10 -0700
Sender: xen-devel-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Hello,

I'm trying to get to work InfiniBand card in DomU via exporting PCI device.

How does the export works internally?

I guess that pci frontend forwards stuff like pci_read_config_dword and
pci_write_config_dword to pci backend that actually does it. Am I right?

So if the driver of InfiniBand writes some config values to PCI config space
and these values are not applied actually, then the problem is in pci front
and back ends. Right? I.e., the PCI backend does not write the values to the
device. It is currious that PCI frontend returns correct values. Could it be
caused by some caching that the frontend may do?

I've reported some troubles with InfiniBand cards in Xen but nobody cares. Nor
the developers of the IB drivers nor people in the xen-dev list. :(

--
Lukáš Hejtmánek