Re: [Xen-devel] Xen 3.1 and network card RTL-8169SC isn't working

To: xen-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: [Xen-devel] Xen 3.1 and network card RTL-8169SC isn't working
From: Mark Williamson <mark.williamson@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 27 Jun 2007 01:30:04 +0100
Cc: Marco Sinhoreli <msinhore@xxxxxxxxx>
Delivery-date: Tue, 26 Jun 2007 17:27:57 -0700
Sender: xen-devel-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
> Hello all,

Hi,

This sort of question is probably better to direct at xen-users initially, but
I'll reply here now that we've started ;-)

> I have a network card "Realtek Semiconductor Co., Ltd. RTL-8169SC Gigabit
> Ethernet" in my machine. It's working fine  with xen 3.0.3 but with xen
> 3.1compilled from source  isn't working. I'm using Debian lenny. Any
> suggestion?

Maybe the kernel config defaults are different?  Have you checked that the
driver was built?  Have you installed any modules that are built?  Can you
modprobe the driver manually?

Others might also like to chip in if they have any ideas at this point...
There are a few cards which have had issues with Xen over the course of time,
but I'm not sure which they were or if they're still problematic.

Cheers,
Mark

Dave: Skateboards have wheels.
Mark: My wheel has a wheel!