Re: [Xen-devel] [1/3] [XEN] gnttab: Add new op unmap_and_replace

To: Keir Fraser <Keir.Fraser@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: [Xen-devel] [1/3] [XEN] gnttab: Add new op unmap_and_replace
From: Gerd Hoffmann <kraxel@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 14 Jun 2007 09:41:55 +0200
Delivery-date: Thu, 14 Jun 2007 09:10:55 -0700
Sender: xen-devel-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Keir Fraser wrote:
On 6/6/07 08:54, "Gerd Hoffmann" <kraxel@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Yeah, I think the key point was that whatever interface you end up using
to configure the IP addr on should be eth0.
That trick is only needed if xend creates the bridge setup instead of
letting the distro network scripts do that.

How would we do that in the distro-agnostic Xen tree?

Documentation and sample config files?

Sure, the down side is that "xend start" alone isn't enougth to make the network fly. But that doesn't work that well, anything more complex than "single ethernet interface" isn't covered by the scripts anyway.

cheers,

  Gerd