[Xen-devel] Question regarding XenSouce disk format

To: xen-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Xen-devel] Question regarding XenSouce disk format
From: "parag shah" <paragsha@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 8 Jun 2007 15:45:44 -0700
Delivery-date: Fri, 08 Jun 2007 15:43:47 -0700
Sender: xen-devel-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Hi,
I am looking at the specifications on the file used to store hard disks when virtual machines are created.

For e.g VHD for Microsoft and VMDK for VMware. These formats have some specifications detailing the structure of the file/disk.

However I not able to find the corresponding format for XenSource.

Also I read several articles indicating that XenSource has licensed VHD format for it 3.0 enterprise server. Does this mean that the image files created will be same as VHD files created by Microsoft's Virtual PC? Will these files have the .vhd extension and can they be directly used with Microsoft's VPC player?

Thanks in advance.

Parag Shah