Re: [Xen-devel] 2.6.20.3 to be the next kernel?

To: xen-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, tim.post@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: [Xen-devel] 2.6.20.3 to be the next kernel?
From: Mark Williamson <mark.williamson@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 4 Jun 2007 19:01:22 +0100
Cc: Jeremy Fitzhardinge <jeremy@xxxxxxxx>, "Daniel P. Berrange" <berrange@xxxxxxxxxx>, Ian Campbell <Ian.Campbell@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Delivery-date: Mon, 04 Jun 2007 10:59:34 -0700
Sender: xen-devel-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
> I found this commitment from a development fedora repo :
>
> http://www.redhat.com/archives/fedora-extras-commits/2007-May/msg02474.html
>
> On may 10, looks like fedora is about to go to 2.6.20.3 for its xen
> kernel (sometime in the not too distant future).

I believe the Fedora folks forward-port the Xen patches to newer kernels, so
this doesn't necessarily indicate that the mainline Xen tree will be moving
to this kernel version.

> Where is the next (planned) hop in Linux kernels going to lead?

Not sure.  A few interesting things are currently in progress with respect to
kernel versions; the Xen paravirt-ops patches may be going into the next
release mainline Linux (maybe?  I think?) at which point you'll be able to
build domU kernels directly from kernel.org sources.

Secondly we're going to move away from the sparse tree layout (yay) and
towards having a separate repository for the XenLinux tree.

Cheers,
Mark

Dave: Skateboards have wheels.
Mark: My wheel has a wheel!