RE: [Xen-devel] X11_EnterFullScreen fails

To: "Petersson, Mats" <Mats.Petersson@xxxxxxx>, <xen-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: RE: [Xen-devel] X11_EnterFullScreen fails
From: "Jayant Mangalampalli" <Jayant_Mangalampalli@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 31 May 2007 15:41:06 +0530
Cc: Anantharamaiah Bhaskara <BA_Bhaskara@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Delivery-date: Thu, 31 May 2007 03:09:27 -0700
Sender: xen-devel-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
> I don't see how this "rules out real mode switch". Clearly, the driver
> for the card determines which method is used to switch modes, which in
> turn will depend on the hardware that you're using. If one model of
card
> supports switching inside the driver, and another requires calling the
> BIOS, then you're going to call the BIOS in the second case, but not
in
> the first one.

Good point - I missed it.

> But you just said that the "SDL map a BMP to full-screen" also doesn't
> work? So it's not a "virtual frame-buffer" problem?

Full screen map does not work if I am using on-boards graphics chip. It
seems to work with only certain cards/drivers (like the Stealth PCI
card). I am almost sure it is not a virtual frame buffer problem at this
time. I am tracing through the code step by step to figure out where it
is crashing ...

Thanks
Jayant