Re: [Xen-devel] XEN support mulitple driver domain?

To: xen-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, cr2104.kim@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: [Xen-devel] XEN support mulitple driver domain?
From: Mark Williamson <mark.williamson@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 29 May 2007 18:49:37 +0100
Delivery-date: Tue, 29 May 2007 10:47:49 -0700
Sender: xen-devel-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
> i wander if  XEN support multiple driver domain
> (as you know, a driver domain is the domain has backend driver.)
> is it possible that a couple of backend driver place in multiple drvier
> domain? (for example,a network backend driver places in driver domain1
> and a block backend driver places in driver domain 2)

Yes, that ought to be able to work.  By convention, net backends and block
backends reside in dom0.  There's no reason why you can't also run several
other net backend and block backend domains.  The domains can either have
frontends of their own (e.g. a firewall domain might have a net frontend and
a net backend), or they can access PCI devices directly.  You can only have
one domain controlling any given PCI device.

You'll still need to give dom0 devices it can boot the system from initially
though!

Cheers,
Mark

Dave: Skateboards have wheels.