Re: [Xen-devel] [PV] PCI passthrough and interrupt sharing

To: Thomas Friebel <thomas.friebel@xxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: [Xen-devel] [PV] PCI passthrough and interrupt sharing
From: Chris <hap10@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 24 May 2007 10:26:17 -0400
Cc: xen-devel <xen-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Delivery-date: Thu, 24 May 2007 07:24:43 -0700
Sender: xen-devel-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Thomas Friebel wrote:
> IMO I did't do anything special in this setup. I can send you the kernel
> configs and a more detailed description of the setup if you like.

Sure, send me what you can (b/c of size, perhaps kernel config shouldn't
be CC'ed to the list, but directly to me is OK).  I'm also curious what
hardware you're using, especially the NICs.  Seems like finding a common
theme is a good place to start looking for the cause.

Any details you can provide about how the devices get on the same IRQ
would be useful for recreating your environment.  Do you do anything to
explicitly force the NICs to share an IRQ or does PnP just cause this
condition automatically?

Cheers,
Chris