[Xen-devel] Where is xtime updated in a domU with an independent wallclo

To: xen-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Xen-devel] Where is xtime updated in a domU with an independent wallclock?
From: "Jay A. Patel" <jaypatel@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 28 Apr 2007 02:23:45 -0500
Delivery-date: Mon, 30 Apr 2007 10:19:10 -0700
Sender: xen-devel-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Hi All,

I have just started looking at the code for Xen so please bear with me.

A domU Linux kernel running with independent_wallclock=1 seems to sync its time with dom0 after every "xm unpause" (obviously preceded by an "xm pause").

I don't see where the xtime variable is being updated after an "xm unpause", i.e., domain_unpause_by_systemcontroller(). Right after the unpause, it seems to me that the xtime in the domU should be what it were just prior to the pause.

Any response would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers,
Jay.