[Xen-devel] XendNode instance // network bridge // SrvRoot

To: xen-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Xen-devel] XendNode instance // network bridge // SrvRoot
From: Pascal Bouchareine <pascal@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 30 Apr 2007 17:17:45 +0200
Delivery-date: Mon, 30 Apr 2007 08:16:21 -0700
Sender: xen-devel-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Hi,
In the current -unstable tree, classes use a singleton
XendNode.instance() to represent node configuration.

This instance is first created from SrvServer, when create()
is called - hence it is initialized with no knowledge of
bridges/networks, since they get started later by
Vifctl.network('start') from SrvServer in start().

This leads to half-a-bug: if you have no StateStore,
network-bridge 'xenbr0' is not seen by the xen Api until
the first xend restart (bridge created, Brctl has it).

I'm really lost in this part of the code, and don't what is going
to change or get removed from there, so I have no real idea
how to fix this. Is this SrvRoot()/{node,domain,vnet} used ?

Thanks,
Pascal

--
\o/   Pascal Bouchareine - Gandi
 g    0170393757           15, place de la Nation - 75011 Paris