[Xen-devel] Building Modules Against Xen Sources

To: xen-devel <xen-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [Xen-devel] Building Modules Against Xen Sources
From: Jayson Vantuyl <jvantuyl@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 29 Apr 2007 03:54:43 -0500
Delivery-date: Sun, 29 Apr 2007 01:53:10 -0700
Sender: xen-devel-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
I'm currently trying to build modules against the kernels created with Xen 3.0.5rc4.

This used to not be such a problem, as Xen created a kernel directory and the built in it.  Plain Jane, nothing fancy.

I've noticed that somewhere since I did this (which was as recent as 3.0.4-1) the kernel build now does things a bit different.  Apparently there is some sort of build-.... directory where things happen now.

This is a problem.  I build a number of things against these kernels, not the least of which include Coraid's AoE drivers and Redhat's CMAN and DLM stuff.

I was able to get kernel source directories by adjusting buildconfigs/mk.linux-2.6-xen.  I changed the line that read:

LINUXSRC_DIR=....

to:

LINU

This still requires me to build my kernels a second time to get a good build directory.  Is there a better way to do this?  Can we make this easier?

--
Jayson Vantuyl
Systems Architect