Re: [Xen-devel] HVM Save/Restore status.

To: "Petersson, Mats" <Mats.Petersson@xxxxxxx>, Tim Deegan <Tim.Deegan@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: [Xen-devel] HVM Save/Restore status.
From: Keir Fraser <keir@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 25 Apr 2007 17:51:14 +0100
Cc: xen-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "Woller, Thomas" <thomas.woller@xxxxxxx>
Delivery-date: Wed, 25 Apr 2007 09:50:06 -0700
Sender: xen-devel-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

On 25/4/07 17:15, "Petersson, Mats" <Mats.Petersson@xxxxxxx> wrote:

> So, a few printf later: The first time (which succeds) and the second
> time (which fails) is exactly the same frame numbers (1fff, 1ffe, 1ffd).
> It fails on the FIRST (I split the "if( ... [0] || ... [1] || ... [2] )"
> into separate lines, and print the failure on each with a "[n]" to
> indicate which one failed, and it got [0] in the printout.

Mats,

Can you try adding 1 to p2m_size after the line:
p2m_size = xc_memory_op(xc_handle, XENMEM_maximum_gpfn, &dom);
In xc_domain_save.c, please. I think we have an out-by-one error that you
are triggering because your mini-domain does not drive the cirrus_vga lfb
and hence does not have any 'video ram' mapped in the RAM hole. You might
also want to print p2m_size in xc_domain_save and confirm this hypothesis
that way too.

This would also bite us for other guests with more than 4GB (we'd lose a
page per save/restore, I think). So this is a nice one to fix before 3.0.5
if I'm right!

 -- Keir