[Xen-devel] Communication between HVM and dom0 through the Hypervisor

To: xen-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Xen-devel] Communication between HVM and dom0 through the Hypervisor
From: Daniele Sgandurra <dansgan@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 18 Apr 2007 17:21:56 +0200 (CEST)
Delivery-date: Wed, 18 Apr 2007 08:20:34 -0700
Sender: xen-devel-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Is there currently a method for passing information
between a HVM domain and domain 0 directly through the
hypervisor?
I understand there could be at least three ways to do
so:

-VMCALL from HVM + params in registers.
-using "PV-on-HVM", but I think the frontend drivers
need to be ported in the mainline Linux kernel and
this is currently being done, right?
-using XenStore/XenBus (is that possible?)

As an example, suppose I have a HVM running Linux (on
Intel IVT-x), and I want to call a callback function
in dom0 each time the HVM contacts the hypervisor,
what would you suggest me to do? Imagine I want to
notify dom0 each time a process issues a system call,
by adding some code in the prologue of the syscall
handler to notify the hypervisor.

Thank you very much :-)