[Xen-devel] Start of the day

To: xen-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Xen-devel] Start of the day
From: "Max Dmitrichenko" <dmitrmax@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 3 Apr 2007 14:49:45 +0400
Delivery-date: Tue, 03 Apr 2007 03:48:34 -0700
Sender: xen-devel-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Hi!

I'm currently trying to port one small real-time OS to Xen and have
couple of questions which I didn't find in the documentation.

1) What are the status of event channels mask at the start of the day?
My experiments showed that all the event channels are unmasked - is
this right? In the sources of Mini-OS, I have found a comment saying
that event channels are masked at the start. But this seems to be
obsolete, or do I make something wrong?

2) What is the meaning of shared_info.vcpu_info[0].evtchn_upcall_mask?
I thought that it masks all the event channels on the VCPU #0, but
this seems wrong, i.e. when I set this to 0xff, the hypervisor
callback is still being called. I have to set the
shared_info.evtchn_mask to all ones in order to mask all the event
channels. Is this behavour correct?

3) How to determine current VCPU number?

4) When I map the shared_info MFN into my OS's space via
update_va_mapping hypercall and then take the dump of the domain with
`xm dump-core -C ...`, the page where the shared_info supposed to be
mapped to is filled with all zeroes. Is this normal, of that means
that mapping was unsuccessful.

--
Thanks in advance,
 Max