[Xen-devel] Xen-unstable feature freeze for 3.0.5 release

Subject: [Xen-devel] Xen-unstable feature freeze for 3.0.5 release
From: Keir Fraser <Keir.Fraser@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 29 Mar 2007 20:36:56 +0100
Delivery-date: Thu, 29 Mar 2007 20:37:43 +0100
Sender: xen-devel-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Folks,

The unstable tree has now been open for development for three months since
3.0.4, and it's now time to spend a couple of weeks stabilising the tree in
preparation for the 3.0.5 release. Important improvements in this new
release will include HVM save/restore, XenAPI management interfaces, upgrade
to Linux 2.6.18, many more improvements to the IA64 and PPC ports, and lots
of general improvements to stability and performance.

>From here on we will be accepting only bug-fix and feature-regression
patches, and concentrating on final stabilisation of HVM save/restore and
XenAPI. Other small patches may be individually considered for inclusion but
are likely to be held off until after we call the 3.0.5 final release. We
plan to fork a release candidate in two weeks time.

 Many thanks,
 Keir