Re: [Xen-devel] RFC: [0/2] Remove netloop by lazy copying in netback

To: Keir Fraser <Keir.Fraser@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: [Xen-devel] RFC: [0/2] Remove netloop by lazy copying in netback
From: Herbert Xu <herbert@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 22 Mar 2007 21:50:55 +1100
Delivery-date: Thu, 22 Mar 2007 03:50:01 -0700
Sender: xen-devel-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
On Tue, Mar 20, 2007 at 03:18:54AM -0700, Keir Fraser wrote:

> That's quite a valid concern, but I think that the required addition to the
> #PF handler (certainly for i386 and x86/64) will be clean and small, and it
> will not affect #PF critical-path latencies. I'd be fairly optimistic about
> it getting accepted upstream, perhaps modulo concerns over whether we'd need
> to implement it for *every* architecture.

OK I've given it a spin and it's pretty straight-forward for
x86 as you said.  However, we'll need a bit more work for
ia64/ppc either on the kernel side or on the hypervisor side
as there is no way currently to swap entries in the P2M table.

Any better suggestions for dealing with those two?

Cheers,