Re: [Xen-devel] Kernel panic in Xen

To: Marc Petit-Huguenin <marc@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, <xen-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: [Xen-devel] Kernel panic in Xen
From: Keir Fraser <keir@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 19 Mar 2007 13:27:08 +0000
Delivery-date: Mon, 19 Mar 2007 06:26:21 -0700
Sender: xen-devel-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
On 19/3/07 13:10, "Marc Petit-Huguenin" <marc@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> On a 8 Gbytes server installed with Xen from the GNU/Linux Debian
> distribution (linux-image-2.6.18-4-xen-686 2.6.18.dfsg.1-11), I have the
> attached kernel panic when running xen-create-image.  In fact I have the
> same kernel panic when I create the image on a different machine and
> simply copy the files over an SSH session.
>
> The exact same machine with only 2 Gbytes of memory does not crash.
>
> Let me know if you need any other information.

I suspect that your dom0 kernel is missing a workaround for a bug/issue in
the Linux block-device code. I would recommend building a 2.6.18 kernel from
xen-unstable.hg repository, or at least rebuilding your Debian dom0 kernel
with the file arch/i386/kernel/swiotlb-xen.c replaced with the version from
the xen-unstable.hg repository (or if that doesn't compile, take the version
of the function __sync_single() and copy that into Debian's swiotlb-xen.c).

 -- Keir