Re: [Xen-devel] Does Dom0 always get interrupts first before they are de

To: "Petersson, Mats" <Mats.Petersson@xxxxxxx>, <xen-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: [Xen-devel] Does Dom0 always get interrupts first before they are delivered to other guest domains?
From: "Liang Yang" <multisyncfe991@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 16 Mar 2007 11:48:55 -0700
Delivery-date: Fri, 16 Mar 2007 11:48:02 -0700
Sender: xen-devel-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Hi Mats,

Thanks. I still have two more questions:

First, you once gave another excellent explanation about the communication between HVM domain and HV (15 Feb 2007 ). Here I quote part of it "...Since these IO events are synchronous in a real processor, the hypervisor will wait for a "return event" before the guest is allowed to continue. Qemu-dm runs as a normal user-process in Dom0..." My question is about those Synchronous I/O events. Why can't we make them asynchronous? e.g. whenever I/O are done, we can interrupt HV again and let HV resume I/O processing. Is there any specific limiation to force Xen hypervisor do I/O in synchronous mode?

Second, you just mentioned there is big difference between the number of HV-to-domain0 events for device model and split driver model. Could you elaborate the details about how split driver model can reduce the HV-to-domain0 events compared with using qemu device model?

Have a wonderful weekend,

Liang

----- Original Message ----- From: "Petersson, Mats" <Mats.Petersson@xxxxxxx> To: "Liang Yang" <multisyncfe991@xxxxxxxxxxx>; <xen-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>