RE: [Xen-devel] Cs/ 14346 breaks 64bit hv

To: "Tim Deegan" <Tim.Deegan@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: RE: [Xen-devel] Cs/ 14346 breaks 64bit hv
From: "Woller, Thomas" <thomas.woller@xxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 14 Mar 2007 12:14:01 -0500
Cc: xen-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Delivery-date: Wed, 14 Mar 2007 10:13:29 -0700
Sender: xen-devel-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
> Yes, it looks like the asm code is being attached to the
> previous line of C code, which in the 14345 case is the
> "return" statement inside the switch!  My 0.16.14 bcc does
> the right thing there.
Yea, I installed bcc 0.16.17 and using this bcc version's generated
hvmloader, allows booting of the guest.  And the code in rombios.s looks
correct now.

> Is there a sensible way of getting a version number out of
> your bcc/as86?
I can't seem to get a version out of bcc, as86, or ld86 that seems to
have come from this dev86-0.16-0-187 package installed when I installed
SLES9.3.  looking around at an objdump isn't yielding any useful info on
first glance.

Hmmm. well, we are going to upgrade our buildserver and any personal
build boxes.  So, I think that we are good with our build process after
we upgrade.  Not sure what else to do here.

Thanks for the lookover, I thought I was misinterpreting the generated
code for a bit there.

Tom