[Xen-devel] periodic tasks in Xen

To: xen-devel <xen-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [Xen-devel] periodic tasks in Xen
From: "Diwaker Gupta" <diwaker.lists@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 6 Mar 2007 11:01:56 -0800
Delivery-date: Tue, 06 Mar 2007 11:01:03 -0800
Sender: xen-devel-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Hi *,

Whats the recommended way of executing periodic tasks in Xen? I can
stick stuff in the scheduler loop, but if there's a neater way of
doing this I'd prefer that. I think I should be able to write a
function, and have Xen invoke it periodically (via a timer interrupt
or some other event?) but I'm not sure about the details. Thoughts?

Also, is there any way of delegating such a periodic task within Xen
to a specific core/processor in the system?

TIA,
Diwaker
--
Web/Blog/Gallery: http://floatingsun.net/blog