Re: [Xen-devel] Diagnose network issue

On Tue, 2007-03-06 at 10:59 -0500, Michael Lessard wrote:
> Hi all,
>
>  I use Debian SID and Xen from now past 1 year .. all working great
> except sometimes some glitch occur when i apt-get upgrade-it ... But
> today i have a great issue, my network doesn't want work on my domU
> and i dont know why ...  May be the synthax of configuration change or
> conflict package ??
>
>  How could diagnose this issue ?

Did you recently upgrade or install udev in either dom0 or domU?

http://lists.alioth.debian.org/pipermail/pkg-xen-devel/2007-March/001101.html
http://lists.alioth.debian.org/pipermail/pkg-xen-devel/2007-March/001104.html

There isn't really all that much info in all those links but it seems to
be related to the persistent net names stuff in udev conflicting with
the randomly generated MAC given to each VIF unless you explicitly
specify one in the config.

Ian.