RE: [Xen-devel] Mkinitramfs wants minimum 2.6.19 kernel!

To: "Emre Erenoglu" <erenoglu@xxxxxxxxx>, xen-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: RE: [Xen-devel] Mkinitramfs wants minimum 2.6.19 kernel!
From: "Petersson, Mats" <Mats.Petersson@xxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 5 Mar 2007 12:49:50 +0100
Delivery-date: Mon, 05 Mar 2007 03:49:40 -0800
Sender: xen-devel-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

My guess is that you can simply edit mkinitramfs to "chop out" the check
for version of the kernel. However, there may be other parts of the
produced file that doesn't work - the check is PROBABLY there for some
good reason! But it's a simple change - just do "<your favourite editor>
`which mkinitramfs`" [note that those are "back-quotes" around the
"which" statement] and search for the error message, then remove
(comment out by adding # at the start of the lines) the whole
if-statement that checks the version.

The other, more complex solution would be to change the version of the
kernel in Xen. There's been a few posts on Xen-users to explain how to
do that, but if you're not familiar with debugging why a Linux kernel
doesn't work, that's probably not an easy to achieve task.

--
Mats