Re: [Xen-devel] freebsd domu 14, bad address

On 27 Feb 2007, at 14:30, Mark Williamson wrote:

I can't quite see why the traceback that the logs show would actually be occurring - maybe someone who has more familiarity with the code can provide
some insight?  Any clues off the top of your head?

From a quick glance through the privcmd driver (in linux-2.6-xen- sparse/drivers/xen/privcmd/privcmd.c ) it seems that an error 14 (EFAULT) is returned by the privcmd ioctl when there is a problem on carrying out a copy_from_user() of the arguments to the ioctl.

This ioctl is wrapped by the xc_map_foreign_*, do_privcmd and do_xen_hypercall functions in tools/libxc/xc_linux.c . Another possibility is in the evtchn driver (in linux-2.6-xen-sparse/drivers/ xen/evtchn/evtchn.c ), in which the evtchn_read, _write and _ioctl functions can also return -EFAULT. This functions are also wrapped by functions in xc_linux.c.

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Derek Murray.