RE: [Xen-devel] DomU crash during migration when suspending source domai

To: "Keir Fraser" <Keir.Fraser@xxxxxxxxxxxx>, <xen-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: RE: [Xen-devel] DomU crash during migration when suspending source domain
From: "Graham, Simon" <Simon.Graham@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 14 Feb 2007 08:02:51 -0500
Delivery-date: Wed, 14 Feb 2007 05:02:14 -0800
Sender: xen-devel-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

> Is this with a 2.6.16 guest from 3.0.4? This would most likely be a
CPU
> hotplug issue in Linux, but we did so lots of testing of that...
>
>  -- Keir

Yes -- in fact, we're using the 3.0.4 kernel for both Dom0 and DomU.
I've some more info from failures last night:

1. I was wrong; it isn't a way early migration; it's a 2nd migration -
it seems that
   the first migration leaves the system in a bad way
2. It is only happening on specific machines - interestingly enough, in
every case, we
   migrate between dual core Xeon and quad core E5310 systems; these
systems have different
   cache hierarchies I think; maybe the CPU hotplug code cant handle a
change in the
   processor type?

Simon