RE: [Xen-devel] conditions for the db4/nptl bug?

Am Donnerstag, den 08.02.2007, 12:23 +0000 schrieb Ian Pratt:
>  > so that i needed to rebuild db4 to make cyrus-imapd work. But a member
> > of the centos devel ML reported that he has no problem at all running
> > cyrus-imapd. Our setups are almost identical (dom0=FC6,
> xen-3.0-x86_32p,
> > domU=CentOS-4.4 with kernel-xenU-2.6.9-* from Jason Baron), and the
> only
> > difference we found was the CPU: my systems all run on intel, his on
> > amd. That made us curious:
> >
> > Does - on 32bit systems - the db4/nptl bug depend on the CPU? The
> > feature "syscall" is only present on the amd CPU, is there a relation?
>
> No, it doesn't depend on the CPU.

OK. What else may be the reason that the bug does not strike on an
almost identical, pristine centos4?

> The easiest solution is just to download the patched glibc from the
> XenSource web site or build your own. This is a much better solution
> than disabling TLS.

Agreed. I once built my domU mailservers before there was a patched and
update-sync'd glibc for Centos4/RHEL4 available (back in the xen2 days).
Since they run fine, i'll keep my evil workaround till CentOS5 is out.

/nils.