Re: [Xen-devel] vif interface dropping 80% packets

update:
The performance is better with 9k MTU, as expected:
TCP_STREAM and TCP_SENDFILE both get ~1.8Gb/s, xentop reports 87%
utilization for dom0, so I guess that's about all I can expect without
code changes.

I've seen rather better figures than this with another 10G card.
Does your NIC/driver support TSO and LRO?

yes to both, and have tried with LRO both enabled and disabled. again, the dom0 performance is fine, it's just to domU that is slower. I have network bridging set up on this interface, i.e. peth2, eth2, xenbr2, etc. - is that not the way I should be doing it?

2) if yes, Will the patch "fedora-36252.patch" work on the 2.6.16
kernel included with 3.0.4, or have conflicts crept in?

No idea. What does the patch do?

This was the mythical patch to make 2.6.18 into a Xen-aware kernel. Took me forever to track it down - is there a more obvious place to look? Sorry to just refer to the file by name, after googling forever i decided i was the only person in the Xen world not intimately familiar with this patch.
-reese