Re: [Xen-devel] backend and frontend

To: Ewan Mellor <ewan@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: [Xen-devel] backend and frontend
From: tgh <tianguanhua@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 27 Jan 2007 20:21:40 +0800
Cc: xen-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Delivery-date: Sat, 27 Jan 2007 04:21:42 -0800
Sender: xen-devel-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
hi
Thank you for reply
I read the wiki about the XenSplitDrivers and XenStoreReference ,
and I made a img file and create a vm with the img ,and the conf file is like the follows

kernel = "/boot/vmlinuz-2.6.16-xenU"
memory = 256
name = "dom1"
vcpus = 1
vif = [ '' ]
disk = [ 'file:/vm/dom1.img,sda1,w' ]
netmask = "255.255.0.0"
gateway = "192.168.150.1"
hostname = "office1"
ip = "192.168.104.4"
root = "/dev/sda1 ro"

there will be a disk in the backend/vbd/domid/virtual-device in the xenstore,isn`t it? Does xen support the vm to hotplug another virtual disk ,which is accessed by dom0?

If it does,what and how does xen deal with the backend and the xenstore?
Are there two elements in the backend/vbd/domid/ in the xenstore?
and what about the frontend in the vm ,are there two frontend in the vm or just one? how to identify them then?

If it does not ,what should we do to make it work?
Does it need another frontend in the vm or not ?
and how about the backend ?

could you give me some guide ?
Thanks in advance

Ewan Mellor 写道: