[Xen-devel] HVM restore broken?

Subject: [Xen-devel] HVM restore broken?
From: "Petersson, Mats" <Mats.Petersson@xxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 26 Jan 2007 18:41:13 +0100
Delivery-date: Fri, 26 Jan 2007 09:41:06 -0800
Sender: xen-devel-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
I got latest (13601) yesterday evening. This doesn't seem to work to do
Restore (at least of the Windows test-image that I've been using for
testing previously).

The VM restores reasonably OK, but it jumps to an invalid address
shortly after restoring, giving a D1 blue-screen error
(DRIVER_IRQL_LESS_OR_EQUAL), which turns out to be "page-fault in
driver" after I looked at the memory dump in windbg. (The address it
jumps to is consistenly a0000ca5, if that's of any meaning to anyone).

I've compared my svm.c that I had previously and the current one that I
got from mercurial, and they are identical.

I went back to my 13568 build of the hypervisor, and it works there...
There's no obvious changes in between...

Has anyone else tried this, does anyone have an idea of what's going
wrong?

--
Mats