[Xen-devel] Re: New domain builder in xen-unstable

To: Keir Fraser <Keir.Fraser@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [Xen-devel] Re: New domain builder in xen-unstable
From: Hollis Blanchard <hollisb@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 26 Jan 2007 10:58:34 -0600
Delivery-date: Fri, 26 Jan 2007 08:59:13 -0800
Sender: xen-devel-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
On Fri, 2007-01-26 at 13:43 +0000, Keir Fraser wrote:
> Hi,
>
> This is a heads up, mainly to the PowerPC and IA64 folks, that Gerd's new
> domain builder (including new Elf parser) is now checked into xen-unstable.
> This has disabled the old builder and elf-parsing code which will shortly be
> removed entirely.
>
> So far the new libelf has only been run-tested on x86, so...
>
> For IA64: most of the code is in place, but the new code needs some
> run-testing and possibly some small fixups to get it working.
>
> For PPC: looks like you have your own domain builder, which you may or may
> not decide to merge with the main code (it would be nice to!).

Not sure what you mean by "our own domain builder"; we've been
implementing xc_linux_build() for quite a while now (and thus integrated
with xend).

> Either way,
> you *do* use the common elf parser, and so your domain builder code needs to
> be changed to talk to Gerd's libelf.

Gerd, what do we need to do to replace probe_elf()/load_funcs ?

--
Hollis Blanchard
IBM Linux Technology Center