Re: [Xen-devel] Xend loads slowly

To: "Ian Pratt" <m+Ian.Pratt@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: [Xen-devel] Xend loads slowly
From: "David Pilger" <pilger.david@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 25 Jan 2007 16:13:42 +0200
Cc: xen-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Delivery-date: Thu, 25 Jan 2007 06:15:40 -0800
Sender: xen-devel-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Thanks for your replay!
The network card is Intel 82573L Gigabit, I'm using an IBM T60
notebook, with the intel ICH7 chipset.

I will check the network-bridge script alone at the next boot, it
might be it becuase a restart is being performed fast.

On 1/25/07, Ian Pratt <m+Ian.Pratt@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Xend takes around 2 minutes to load, I've compiled the unstable
> version and tested it on two different computers... any idea why it
> takes so much time?

Before starting xend, try running the /etc/xen/scripts/network-bridge
script on its own.

I suspect this is where all the time goes. I've seen this happen with
certain network cards, but not for a long time. What version are you
using?

Ian