Re: [Xen-devel] Xen 3.0.4 - Ballooning

To: aball@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: [Xen-devel] Xen 3.0.4 - Ballooning
From: Sébastien RICCIO <sr@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 09 Jan 2007 11:29:52 +0100
Cc: xen-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Delivery-date: Tue, 09 Jan 2007 02:30:58 -0800
Sender: xen-devel-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Hi Andrew,

Thank you a lot for your answer. I will try to play with this a little.

Best regards.

--
Sébastien Riccio
SwissCenter / OpenBusiness SA

Andrew D. Ball a écrit :
Not such a dumb question.  As far as I know, memory ballooning is only
done from the control partition (dom0) nowadays, explicitly.

It would be nice for something inside of a domU's kernel or userspace to
watch some metric and then ask nicely for more memory if needed. Paravirtual
drivers
can do this for sure, but I haven't poked around enough to know which
available
ones do and how to trigger it.

Peace.
Andrew