Re: [Xen-devel] Xen 3.0.4 migration failures

To: John Byrne <john.l.byrne@xxxxxx>, xen-devel <xen-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: [Xen-devel] Xen 3.0.4 migration failures
From: Keir Fraser <Keir.Fraser@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 06 Jan 2007 10:15:20 +0000
Delivery-date: Sat, 06 Jan 2007 02:15:16 -0800
Sender: xen-devel-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
On 6/1/07 12:52 am, "John Byrne" <john.l.byrne@xxxxxx> wrote:

> With the Xen 3.0.4 I've built from source, migration is failing and the
> domain vanishes. (Either live/non-live.) The output from "xm dmesg" and
> xend.log follows. Any ideas?

PAE or 64-bit? Looks like the target is choking on _PAGE_NX. Probably the
target machine does not support it. We discussed silently dropping _PAGE_NX
on machines that don't support it but that seems a bit dubious to me. This
really needs to be solved by adding CPUID to the save format and doing
consistency checking at the target before committing to the migration. 3.0.5
will also have save/restore cancellation, so that at least if things do
screw up your guest won't /dev/null.

 -- Keir