Re: [Xen-devel] Timeline for migrating to newer Linux kernels?

To: Rik van Riel <riel@xxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: [Xen-devel] Timeline for migrating to newer Linux kernels?
From: Jeremy Fitzhardinge <jeremy@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 01 Jan 2007 17:20:03 -0800
Cc: "Zulauf, John" <john.zulauf@xxxxxxxxx>, xen-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Delivery-date: Mon, 01 Jan 2007 17:19:51 -0800
Sender: xen-devel-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Rik van Riel wrote:
> If XenSource has any intention of having Xen stay relevant
> in the future, they'll want to seriously pursue an upstream
> merge of their code.

That's an active project.  The paravirt ops patches have been laying the
groundwork, and I'm planning on posting the Xen patches based on it in
the next few days when I get back from vacation.  Once Xen is in the
kernel, the parallel project will be to make the hg Xen tree sync with
it.  There will still need to be some external patches, but they will
diminish over time.